.::371 : teacher as public figure aka celebs? OMG!!!::.

 Assalamualaikum W.B.T

One thing I forgot to consider when I decided to be a teacher is the fact that a TEACHER is a PUBLIC FIGURE in the institution that he/she works at. Yes, I knew that a teacher deals with people so to say that he/she she would be the centre of attention. But I thought that would be only in the classroom , as in the time when he/she is teaching. That's all I am prepared for.


Knowing that I would still be the centre of attention even after working hours i.e. the time I spend in the community, I never thought that people would "CARE" that much about me. I don't expect tehat people would seriously concern about me and my life to the extent that they keep record about "the place I go to", "the person I go out with", "the person I talk to", "the stuffs I do" etc.


Actually, I have no problems with that. The problem arose when they started speculating things. They created stories about me and the persons surround me. Again, I don't mind if they "SELL" good stories but you know, "BAD, CONTROVERSIAL" stories sold faster aite. So, what to do. Oopps, maybe I forgot that I am in a CELEBRITY WORLD now. Believe or not...heh~

But still, some stories do hurt my feelings and also the feelings of some people who are close to me. I am so upset of what had happened and I feel extremely disappointed with the person who spread such rumors. Yet,  I also know I have no rights to stop people from talking about me. The only right I have now is to minimize potential rumors. I should be more careful with my actions so as to eliminate source of "unwanted" stories. This is to say that perhaps, I should change...to a better person...iAllah.


So, to the people whom I used to be close to before, I am sorry if in the future, you find that I have become a slightly different person. It's not that I have stopped myself form "CARE" about you...but it's because I do not want you and the person near you to be "HURT", just like me. You know, gossips could KILL...heh! So,  whatever it is, I hope it's for the sake of everyone's happiness...insyaAllah.


Salam~

2 comments:

-LyS- said...

a teacher a public figure indeed! hehe , good one amrien ;)

rienmiel said...

yezza..
n experience proves it..heh~