.::378 : absence+heart+fonder+whatever...heh::.

Assalamualaikum W.B.T

Before anything, let us consider these two sayings:

"Absence makes the heart grows fonder"
"Out of sight, out of mind"

Which one do you think is truer than the other?

Actually, I was thinking about the truth in both sayings since before.
At times, yes, absence could make our heart grows fonder...
But then, the word 'fonder' itself has different connotation to different people...

Relating myself to the context here, I would say that somehow, absence is a blessing...
Sometimes, we need to be apart from our loved ones for a while so that we have time to reflect and rationalize things...
Yes, to love is some kind of a gift from God but whether we realize it or not, we could not nurture the feelings to just anybody...or lemme put it this way...we could nurture the feelings but we should put limitations to it...depending on the individuals we are dealing with.
In my case, I feel that the separation period give me a good platform to detach myself from the people whom I have unconsciously treated the way that I shouldn't in a first place. (read: I give MORE)
Not to say that when they are out of sight, they will be out of mind but at least I could control my feelings and perhaps do a good restart later...this time in a slower pace..maybe..heh..

But one thing for sure, once we go through "separation" period, the feelings wont be the same again. It's either become "more" or "less". It's not like clicking a pause button when you play a song that it will continue where it stops when you resume it.heh~

Salam~

1 comments:

Fina said...

Let my quote Mr. Darcy "My affection has not changed"...hehe....xsangka ko tulis about this kat blog jugak..hehe